Join the California Theatre as a Volunteer!
Special events, movies and community productions are some of the many opportunities to be a part of the California Theatre experience! If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the Volunteer Application and you will be invited to participate in a Volunteer training session. Training sessions will be held throughout the year and attendance at one training is required before participation can begin. All volunteers are considered City of Pittsburg volunteers.
▪ Standing for long periods of time (up to 4 hours)
▪ Bending over to pick up items from the floor
What Do Theatre Volunteers Do?
▪ Verify and take tickets
▪ Hand out programs and other printed materials
▪ Assist patrons in finding their seats
▪ Prevent food and drinks from being taken into the auditorium. Bottled water is the only exception.
▪ Enforce rules, such as no photography allowed
▪ Monitor and manage the seating of late arrivals
▪ Direct patrons to restrooms and telephones
▪ Perform a light clean up after the show
▪ Be alert for any disturbance or emergency
▪ Follow instructions from the House and Theatre Managers
▪ Assist with emergency evacuations if necessary
▪ Volunteers perform an important customer service and public safety function. If you want to watch a particular performance, you should purchase a ticket and attend the event as a patron to ensure you enjoy the entire performance.
Volunteer contributions of time and energy are an important aspect of the operation of the California Theatre, and we welcome your interest in assuring our patrons have a wonderful theatre experience.